7 Keys To Fundraising Success
Just follow our tips below for a clear path to successful fundraising! They are simple, easy-to-implement tips on how to maximize your path to reaching--and exceeding--your fundraising goal.
Or Select Here to Download Our Flyer, for a hard copy of our tips that you can take on-the-go!
- 01: Get your first donation today!
Think of the one person who won’t say no your partner, family, friends, co-workers, boss. Who will you ask? When will you ask them?
- 02: Send an email to everyone you know!
- Think wider than family and friends- businesses, work, etc.
- Find draft letters and emails in the Participant Centre
- 03: Set up your personal page online
Tell your story-what and who inspired you? Include a picture! Fast Facts: 90% of donations now come in online! People raise 20% more funds when their personal page is personalized with a photo and story.
- 04: Use Technology to share, share, share.
- Add your email badges to emails with your URL
- Download the Facebook app and update via Facebook and Twitter.
- 05: Create a list of people who might donate.
- Write down the names of everyone you know
- Think outside the box- your local pizza shop owner, etc.
- Face-to-face meetings work best, especially for big asks
- Phone and follow up by email
- Email for wider groups
- 06: Repeat, remind and rewind.
- Your friends are busy- follow up and remind them
- Thank those who donate and keep them updated
- 07: Set your goal high!
- The average Weekend Walker raises $2,400
- When you get within $250 of your goal, increase it
How to Ask
Create a List of Potential Donors
Compile a list of EVERYONE you know. The more people you ask, the more donations you are likely to receive!
Asking a potential donor for a contribution in person is always more impactful. Talking with you one-on-one will allow them to experience your passion and dedication.
Expand Your Circle
Send a quick email alerting friends, family and co-workers that you’ve registered for The Weekend and invite them to join your team! Together, you’ll push each other further and have a blast while doing it.
Bring The Weekend to Work
Encourage co-workers to contribute or join your team by hanging a graph charting your training and fundraising progress, as well as staying stocked with plenty of donation and registration forms. Use email or inter-office memos (get permission!) to recruit new Walkers and donors. Ask them to sponsor a fundraising event, publicize The Weekend in the company newsletter, or donate to your corporate team!
Become a Weekend Trailblazer
Go above and beyond to support the efforts of The Weekend in recruitment and fundraising. As a special thank you, The Weekend highlights the amazing efforts of these teams, both online and on-event!
Learn more about Trailblazers.
Company Donation Matching Programs
Visit your Human Resources representative to find out if your company or employer matches your donation fundraising efforts. Many companies are eager to support their employees, as well as the community.
Reach Out to Your Coaches
If you want to connect with other Walkers in your area, need a few fundraising tips, or instructions for any of our tech tools, the Weekend Coaches are just a quick call away!
Last but Not Least
If you haven’t received a response from someone you’ve asked for a donation, be sure to follow up. Make a phone call or send a quick email to make sure that they haven’t forgotten your request.
Thank Your Donors
It is very important that to thank your donors as soon as possible! Once you have received a donation from someone, let them know that their contribution is important to you and that you appreciate it. Invite your donors to Closing Ceremonies, so they can see the results of your hard work and experience The Weekend energy in person.
People love to feel acknowledged and appreciated. Express your gratitude by sending out a newsletter or email with photos and/or video, and an additional thank you for your donors’ support. There are sample thank-you letters in your Participant Centre.
If you need more help or have any questions, call
our Weekend Coaches at .